Recruitment and retention in the veterinary sector continues to challenge practice owners across the globe, not only in Ireland.
The online discussion and narrative from the profession can often be negative, with little focus on finding constructive solutions to help vets and vet nurses stay in practice, and to enjoy long, fulfilling careers.
Key questions to ask the veterinary sector:
- Why are many vets and vet nurses unhappy in their chosen careers?
- What are the factors that lead to vets and vet nurses leaving practice or leaving the profession?
- What has led to high staff turnover in veterinary practices?
- Are under-graduate and graduate expectations of life in veterinary practice unrealistic?
- Can we, as a profession and as an industry, resolve the recruitment and retention crisis?
At VetCon 2021, we want to change the narrative, focus on a positive solutions-based discussion, and help vets and vet nurses to love their jobs and continue with their chosen career.
Stay tuned - we have an exciting business stream announcement coming soon!
Looking for a vet or vet nurse job? You will find it at Ireland's largest veterinary exhibition