Cork to host VetCon™ Ireland National Veterinary CPD Conference 201828 Oct 2017
An innovative and exciting CPD conference and industry exhibition for small animal veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses will take place next spring. The conference has been organised by VetConTM Ireland, and will be held on Friday 16th February 2018, in the luxurious five-star surroundings of Fota Island Resort, Cork. MSD Animal Health, Elanco, and Skinvet Ireland are proudly sponsoring and supporting the event. The conference is a full-day event, with separate streams for veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses running concurrently.
VetConTM Ireland are proud to provide world-class CPD, with a particular emphasis on showcasing the skills and knowledge of highly-qualified young Irish veterinary surgeons and nurses. The following panel of exceptional speakers has been assembled for the conference, delivering a variety of lectures, interactive events, and workshops:
- Kathryn Cuddy – veterinary dermatologist
- Sheila Brennan – specialist in small animal medicine
- Laura C. Cuddy – specialist in small animal surgery and sports medicine and rehabilitation
- Pete Wedderburn – veterinary surgeon, radio and TV broadcaster, columnist and author
- Mícheál Ó Cathasaigh – senior clinical training scholar in diagnostic imaging at the Queen’s Veterinary School Hospital, University of Cambridge
- Louise O’ Dwyer - veterinary technician specialist (emergency & critical care) and veterinary technician specialist (anaesthesia & analgesia)
- Deirdre Duggan – small animal rehabilitation therapist
- Donnacha Ryan – chartered physiotherapist with a special interest in ergonomics and pain
The conference has been designed with the needs of the modern-day veterinary professional in mind. Highly-qualified clinicians will present the most relevant and up-to-date clinical advancements, with a special emphasis on those applicable to veterinary surgeons and nurses in general practice. Equally important are the areas of mental, occupational, physical, and financial health. VetConTM Ireland places a particular emphasis on these subjects, with speakers such as Donnacha Ryan, a prominent chartered physiotherapist with a special interest in ergonomics and pain, presenting to delegates on the day.
Delegates will be greeted with a welcome breakfast before lectures commence; a hot buffet lunch and refreshment breaks will also be provided. An industry exhibition will take place throughout the day; there will be ample opportunity during breaks to mingle with colleagues and discover the exhibition in comfortable five-star surroundings.
Registration will open on Monday 13th November 2017; delegates can register online via www.vetcon.ie. The introductory registration fee is €139 for veterinary surgeons, and €99 for veterinary nurses. This introductory offer will expire on 16th January 2018, after which the registration fee will increase to €189 for veterinary surgeons, and €149 for veterinary nurses. A discounted rate of €49 is available to student veterinary surgeons and student veterinary nurses; this fee will remain the same after 16th January 2018. Delegates will receive a generous conference pack, a printed proceedings book, and a CPD certificate on the day. CPD credits will be available.
Please visit www.vetcon.ie for more information.