EquineView the VetCon 2022 lecture programme (pdf)
Exciting CPD for equine vets and vet nurses at VetCon on Friday 29th April - view the full lecture schedule here.
World-class speakers coming to VetCon from the UK and Qatar, will deliver an engaging, practical, and stimulating equine CPD programme to delegates.
The equine lecture stream will present delegates with practical, evidence-based information and guidelines that will then help them apply newly-acquired knowledge and skills to their work in equine veterinary practice. Clinical lecture streams are open to all vets and nurses.
Topics in the equine vet stream include:
- Equine Dermatology and Oncology (Speaker – Prof Derek Knottenbelt)
- Equine Laminitis - latest evidence in diagnosis and treatment (Speaker – Jessica Johnson)
- Equine Surgery and Poor Performance - limbs and airways (Speaker – Bryan O Meara)
For equine nurses, Jackie Ryan will present on:
- Supportive care of the laminitic horse: a nursing perspective
- The equine nurse's approach to arthroscopic surgery
Why not attend an equine VetCon Focus Session? These small group sessions offer a more challenging CPD experience as well as the opportunity to engage with the specialist equine speakers at VetCon.
- Derek Knottenbelt will host a small group session on equine oncology
- Bryan O Meara will host an equine nursing focus session on standing surgery in the horse - this session is also open to vets