VetCon – COVID-1910 Mar 2020
VetCon 2020 will be taking place on the 28th and 29th May at Fota Island Resort, Cork.
When you come to VetCon as a delegate or an exhibitor, your enjoyment of the engaging and inspiring programme will not be compromised. Your health and safety at VetCon is our priority.
In light of the recent emergence of the coronavirus strain COVID-19, we are working closely with the Fota Island Resort team, and in line with both Health Service Executive (HSE) and World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines and rules, to ensure that VetCon 2020 goes ahead as planned.
- At the venue, strict protocols are in place to minimise transmission of the virus and to protect conference attendees.
- Sanitisation stations will be available at refreshment stations and throughout the venue.
- Contingency plans – you can feel reassured that when you register for VetCon 2020 you can expect the best two days of CPD in a welcoming, safe, and enjoyable environment.
- In the unlikely event that VetCon 2020 must be re-scheduled due to COVID-19, you will be offered a full refund of your ticket if the alternative event date does not suit you.
- If you have reserved your conference accommodation with Fota Island Resort, there will be no cancellation fee on hotel rooms in the unlikely event that VetCon 2020 is re-scheduled.
VetCon Ireland are monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation closely. Any relevant updates will be communicated with speakers, delegates and exhibitors.
We recommend that you continue to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 by following the guidelines set out by the HSE, WHO and your local/national health authority.
Here are relevant online resources on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
For exhibitors and delegates travelling to VetCon from abroad: https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/coronavirus/